Training: Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) Assessment and Training
A proven and time-tested leadership model for developing competence, gaining commitment, and retaining talent.
To be a leader that others want to follow, managers need to set clear and attainable goals, provide the matching leadership style, and give appropriate feedback. The goal of a Situational Leader is to help others develop competence, motivation, and confidence. Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) boosts the effectiveness, impact, and dedication of leaders and teaches them to behave in alignment with their good intentions and with what their people need. Leveraging all the theory and design that has made Situational Leadership® II the world’s most taught leadership training model for more than 35 years, our new learning design, The SLII Experience™, uses game-changing techniques that immerse learners in SLII quickly, deeply, and effectively. The outcome is that learners get up to speed and start using SLII faster than ever before.
Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) is the most widely taught leadership model in the world. SLII creates a shared process, language, and model for building leadership across all levels of an organization.
- LAUNCH—a portfolio of assignments to set the context for learning and engage learners in the content of SLII
- LEARN—learning activities to teach leaders the three skills, the language, and the Six Conversations of a Situational Leader
- PRACTICE—learning activities to develop new skills through robust skill practice, applying what was learned to real work
- MASTER—strategies to deepen and extend the learning so that it becomes second nature to set SMART goals, diagnose development level, and use the matching leadership style
- Diagnose the development levels of employees and choose the appropriate leadership style
- Increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development
- Create a communication model for all levels of the organization to support cultural change and move toward a high-performance organization
- Become a flexible leader who is highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan
- Learn a new language of leadership to partner for maximum productivity and morale
"I had the great privilege of attending Sara’s Situational Leadership II course.I learned a lot of insightful and helpful information that I will definitely use in both my professional and my personal life. And beyond the class content, I so appreciated Sara’s kind and empathetic ways that I observed while engaging with her for the days I was in her class. From her gratitude notes idea, to positively coaching us, to providing her own contact information should we ever wish to talk with her, and so forth, I saw a lot of great leadership skills that I admire in her. She is exactly the type of leader I aspire to be one day and the type of person we all want to know and work for.I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to learn more about themselves and the skills it takes to become a successful leader. Her course is valuable to both individuals and companies – you won’t regret learning from her!"
Associate Manager, Digital Merchandising at Hyatt Hotels Corporation